Thursday, August 25, 2005

Confused...

Im confused...

What am i gonna study in the Uni? i know i've been putting this off for sometime already, but I really don't know what i would like to pursue...

Well I guess its a matter of Interest vs Aptitude vs Practicality for me.

I am and always have been interested in taking up Law, Psychology and the likes. But i never did do that well in my mugging or humanities subjects. Subjects such as Geography and Literature were among the subjects i rarely passed (actually i never did... Til O Levels that is... and that too with a C6 in both...:P). Maybe i wasn't as mature enough as i had ought to be at that point of time to have the discipline to study those subjects?

For those who know me, know far too well that my ability lies in calculation. Maths has and still is my stronghold in my education. It is the only subject that interests me and motivates me... Calculation and myself have become synonymous. Bearing this in mind, Engineering would be the best field for me to indulge myself in. I could also do a basic Degree majoring in Maths... Taking into consideration my strong foundation in the subject, I could have an easier time settling into the course and probably do much better with less difficulty...

Then comes a question of how practical it is to do the above mentioned. Is it wiser to do something that i can do well in but has no market for? (ie My cuz did Bsc(Maths) in NUS and worked in M1 as a Customer Care Consultant for 5 YRS!! Or the numerous Engineers that have become teachers...) I mean if i study to become an Engineer, then i better become an Engineer!! It not whats the use... Or on the other hand is it wiser to do what i really like to, knowing that i may not do as well as i should? Should i take up Law/Psychology and end up struggling for 3/4 yrs and eventually just scraping through..? I may as well not waste $$ It will be as good as not doing the degree at all...!!

Of course Business related courses and others i have not mentioned are not out of the question... Those are the most practical of them all... As long as there are people with businesses to run there will always be opportunities for work...

And yet i am still unsure of what i am to do...? Sometimes i think, i think too much!! There lies the root of all evil... Thoughts... HA... You thought money didn't you...!! Well just to prove my point.. It is you who thinks of $$ rather then $$ compelling you to think of it. Man's greatest asset becomes his weakest link... His mind, his Sixth sense..

To those who have had attained realisation on this matter help me... guide me to Nirvana!!( in plain words... help!!)

For those who havent realised, there is this new thingy on my Blog called a Message board. Do not be mistaken as this not a substitute for Comments. Comments are to be continually left as generously as been done. (Good Job Guys.. and Thanks). For those who peruse without contributing, without comitting Man's greatest Sin, (Thinking.. and penning down their thoughts as Comments), I have laid yet another trap! Behold the truly Majestic Message Board. The Board knows no boundaries, No limitations as to what u wish to say, and most importantly the Board acts as your confessions to thought. Let thy messages and comments flow!!!

Moral of the day: Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming.

Niran

No comments: