Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Friends...

Thanks alot anonymous... Hope u leave ur name next time round... Appreciate those encouraging words!! And Nisha... U so Sweet!!! And i guess there's stuff abt u i dun know abt too!! It takes a lifetime to build a friendship... We've got time!!

This shall be a tribute to all my friends... Close ones especially... Throughout my life so far, i have come across many people. Some of whom have made a greater impact in my life than others. Some people who are closer to my heart than others.

Firstly my childhood friends... Edwin, Nisha, Flora, Vadi(there are many more but the closest deserve to be named!!). You guys are amazing!! Although its been so many years i'm glad that we still keep an interest in each other lives in one way or another. You guys are the first people in my memory. For those who can remember, my first theft and truancy(with Edwin), the long walks to school(with Flora and Nisha), the playgrounds(with Vadi and Sinna) and many more adventures that came along. Although i hadn't kept in contact with some of u guys in some time, i'm glad that when we did get back in contact we didn't see each as strangers. However we welcomed each other back into our lives with warm arms!! "Time wait for No man!!!" im sure that will bring back fond memories to all of us... (oh yea... rem Blk 173... and the incident... ahem... :P)

Next is my Sec School friends... Actually i didn't have much friends in SJI... Just aquaintances mostly. I guess the closest people that were with me were my NCC buddies, Vishal and Senthil V... Although somehow somewhere we keep bumping into each other and we always promise to meet up, i guess circumstances has it that we couldn't keep our promises. But then again all our unfulfilled promises will be kept when we meet up in 5 yrs time for our Anniversary Dinner!! However i think 5 yrs is a bit too long. We'll work on it ah...!! I really have to thank you guys as without you guys i wouldn't have made it through those 4 years!! Although these guys are the closest of friends, any familiar face from SJI brings out warm memories and stories that any Josephian can relate to... "ORA Et LABORA" and 'Hail to Our Alma Mater'.

My NCC Friends are next up... In my 6 yrs in NCC i have come across exceptional leaders, colleagues and juniors. But the most exceptional people are those i often keep in contact with. Namely 2 of them... Angeline and Sukhbir... Angeline, i knew during CLT course and got closer to when we were put in charge of the same syndicate during 44th CLT course... Sukhbir i got closer to During that same course. Actually the 3 of us became quite close thanks to that course!! The late night dramas we had "coffee" breaks... Operation Rambutan IF u guys remember.. Well these are just a few of the many Crazy things we were up to besides teching the cadets to be good leaders and ourselves being good Role models at the same time!!

YJC... The most trying 2 years of my teen life. Here is where the bulk of my friends are from. The Closest being Sunjay, Rajes, Azizah, Shireen, Vineeta, Medha and Prashanth!! Although they are 2 different groups of friends, there is just ! thing common about them... ME!!! :P well these were my closest of friend who i shared most secrets with... Many laughs, tears, and even tiffs. But at the end of the day, no matter how bad our quarrel was, or how hard we had laughed, Deep down in my heart i treasure each and every one of u!! Although these are my closest of friends and the people you are most likely to see me with, there are alot of unmentioned names in here. These are the rest of the ICS guys... Not just the EXCO members but all those who are in... (by choice or by force)... :P

I really treasure all these friendships and more. U guys make me who i am today. Well I just want to Say "I love ALL of ya!!!". Hope u guys feel the same way about me... But even if u don't i'll still feel the same way about u!!

Moral of the day: No Man Is An Island!!

Niran

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet. Thank for you that tribute. I'm absolutely touched. You're my one of my oldest friends. 15 years, and you're right, STILL going strong baby! ;)

P.S Who could ever forget the "incident" at blk 173?? :P

Anonymous said...

ahem. yesyes yr entry is very touching, BUT WHAT ABT YR COUSINS HUH...ESP ME AH..TOO MUCH AH U. DUN FREN U LA.

Miss M said...

aiyah..we are friends rite??and frens know stuff abt each other...they observe and they can find out things..you dont have to come and tell me tht "hey medha.guess wht...i am a SNAG..!!!" silly fellla :P:P